Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Sugar Cookies - Fast and Easy (no refrigeration required) and Yummie Frosting Emily and Mary

I have been on the hunt for the perfect sugar cookie. This may not be perfect depending on your taste, but it's close! I made a visit to Mary's house in Dallas and she had made a version of this recipe -- I added my tweaks and here you have it!

I suggest you play with it to come up with your perfect cookie. Roll it thinner (my taste) for crisp cookies, and thicker for a moist mouthful

Sugar Cookies

1 C Sugar

1 C Butter

3 eggs

Drizzle Mexican Vanilla

Drizzle Almond Extract

4 C Flour

3 t Baking powder

Cream: sugar, butter, eggs and flavorings. Add dry ingredients and mix. Dough will be soft and does not hold shape well… but great for round cookies!

Roll to desired thickness then bake at 375 for 10 minutes.

*Do not refrigerate OR add more flour.

Frosting:

1 Stick Butter

3 Tablespoons Milk

3 Tablespoons Maraschino Syrup (I found it at Albertson’s in the specialty drink section. If you can’t find it in a bottle, you can use the stuff the cherries are in)

1/4 teaspoon Almond Extract

4 C + 3 T Powdered Sugar

Whip it good! The maraschino syrup makes it the perfect pink.

1 comment:

Cait said...

I just made these cookies with the yum frosting last night and they were so easy! Plus they turned out really well :-) Wahoo